Jason Fredericks, PA-C
Certified Physician Assistant
Jason Fredericks is a nationally certified physician assistant specializing in Psychiatry. Jason obtained his Bachelor of Science in Biology at UNCA and his Masters of Public Health at the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. After working several years in Physical Rehabilitation, he went on to study medicine at Northern Arizona University in Phoenix, Arizona. During his education, he developed an interest in Psychiatry while at the Phoenix Veteran Affairs Emergency Department and while providing care at the large prison system in Arizona. After working Gastroenterology for a short while, Jason decided to pursue Psychiatry full time.
Jason is a WNC native who cares deeply about the health of Asheville and the surrounding communities. He focuses on evidence-based approaches to health, while also considering the individual’s wishes and their environment. He believes that collaborating with other medical and mental health providers is essential in optimizing care. He is committed to working toward your health.
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies, Northern Arizona University at Phoenix Biomedical Campus
- Master of Public Health, The Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, University of North Carolina at Asheville
- The Mayo Clinic Alumni Association, Scottsdale Arizona Campus
- Certified by the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistant
- Licensed by the North Carolina Medical Board