Gregory Narron, MD
Dr. Narron believes that mental health is the key to true health. Though he began his medical training in general surgery, he ultimately decided upon psychiatry. Dr. Narron is trained in adult and child psychiatry. He finds that treating children and adults allows for a deeper developmental perspective about how symptoms present over a lifetime.
In his 20 year career in Asheville, Dr. Narron has been involved in systems of care in his community. He has served as medical director of a start-up adolescent hospital program, as a board member of a start-up private school, and as a psychiatric consultant to non-profit organizations. He is currently serving as the psychiatric consultant to several private boarding schools, therapeutic boarding schools, and therapeutic residential communities. He uses a systems approach whether providing individual care or organizational consultation.
- Medical degree, East Carolina University School of Medicine, (Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society).
- Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Residency Training
- General Surgery, Penn State University Hospital, (3 years)
- General Psychiatry, University of Virginia Health System (2 years)
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship, University of North Carolina Health Care (2 years)
- Diplomat of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology