At SUWS of the Carolinas, we are pleased to uphold the reputation that we have developed in offering clinically excellent care within an atmosphere that encourages long-term healing and recovery.
Located near Asheville, North Carolina, SUWS of the Carolinas treats adolescents between the ages of 10 and 17 who have been grappling with behavioral, developmental, and mood issues, as well as substance abuse problems. Our team of professionals is dedicated to providing exceptional, compassionate, and comprehensive care to meet the needs of young people in crisis and to help them achieve lasting recovery.
The following are among the many reasons why we believe that SUWS of the Carolinas is an optimal choice for parents of struggling young people:
We are incredibly proud of the team of professionals we that we have developed here SUWS of the Carolinas. These talented and dedicated men and women are devoted to helping young people improve their lives and pursue much more successful and satisfying futures. The multidisciplinary team we have built up includes the following professionals:
- Licensed clinical professionals (including LPCs, LMFTs, LCSWs, and LCAs)
- Registered nurses
- Clinical director
- Medical director
- Wilderness specialists
- Admissions counselors
- Behavioral specialists
- Alumni outreach specialists
- Neuro-feedback specialists
- Equine assisted learning expert
We are also extremely happy to have a fantastic four-footed staff member, Teddy the therapy dog.
Knowing that every adolescent who comes to us for treatment has his or her own unique needs, strengths, concerns, and skills, we feel that each treatment plan should be entirely individualized to make sure that each patient obtains the most comprehensive care that he or she deserves.
To better determine what type of treatment approach the patient needs, all adolescents and families will be offered an evaluation to help pinpoint needs and concerns that should be addressed during the adolescent’s time spent in treatment. At the time of this evaluation, it will also be decided how best to ensure that the adolescent and his or her family have the support that they need in order to achieve both their short- and long-term goals.
Unlike many other adolescent treatment programs, we at SUWS of the Carolinas offer a variety of specialized therapeutic modalities that are able to provide adolescents with the care they require to build a solid recovery. Depending on the needs of each adolescent, he or she will be offered the following therapeutic approaches:
- Experiential therapy
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
- Psychoeducational groups
- Social skills groups
- 12-Step meetings
- Process groups
- Expressive arts
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Solution focused therapy
- Metaphor-based therapy
- Wilderness therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- Family systems therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
At SUWS of the Carolinas, we provide a number of different programming options geared toward adolescents of different ages and who grapple with specific issues. These programs include the following:
- SUWS of the Carolinas – This program is for teenagers ages 14-17 who are faced with depression, anxiety, trauma, learning differences, and emotional regulation issues.
- Phoenix Outdoor – Through this program, teenagers can work through co-occurring disorders and substance abuse within a 12-Step approach.
- Approach – Teens who battle autism spectrum disorders, social avoidance, social issues, technology addiction, and more can benefit from this program.
- Seasons – Those between ages 10-13 who are challenged by ADD/ADHD, entitlement, defiance, and poor social skills benefit most from this program.
If the adolescent in your life could benefit from the positive and productive care that is supplied at SUWS of the Carolinas, please contact us at your convenience. We look forward to speaking with you and empowering you to make the most educated decision for your loved one.